Information on personal data processing for application and membership purposes
This information serves to fulfil the information requirement under Articles 13-14 of the General Data Protection Regulation (regulation 2016/679, the “GDPR”).
Your organisation has applied for a membership with the Deutsch-Schwedische Handelskammer / Tysk-Svenska Handelskammaren, reg. no. 802000-6667 (the “Chamber”) or is already a member of the Chamber. You have informed us that you are a representative for your organisation and for its contacts with the Chamber.
If your organisation applies for a membership with the Chamber, we will process your personal data (“Data”) for purposes of administering your organisation’s application. If your organisation is granted membership (or is already a member), we will process the Data for purposes of administering the membership. We will process the Data to keep in touch with you and your organisation, to provide you with regular information about the Chamber and its activities such as newsletters, and to provide you with invitations to events and otherwise administer our relation with you and your organisation (the “Purposes”).
The Data consists of Data that you submit to us when registering your organisation’s membership application or when registering yourself as a representative for your organisation, e.g. name and contact details, and other information about you that you may submit to us and that we use to improve our services to you and your organisation. We will only process the Data to fulfil the Purposes.
The Chamber is the controller of the Data.
Our legal basis for processing the Data for the Purposes is that the processing of the Data is necessary to fulfil the Purposes and based on the circumstances that you have informed us that you are a representative for your organisation in its relation with the Chamber. We have a legitimate interest to process the Data for the Purposes which we assess overrides your interest not to have your Data processed for the Purposes (legitimate interest).
We will process the Data until one of the following events occur: (i) the application for membership from your organisation is rejected, (ii) you notify us that you no longer represent your organisation, (iii) your organisation ceases to be member of the Chamber, or (iv) you ask us to cease processing the Data.
If you have any questions regarding our processing of the Data, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also use these contact details if you would like to exercise any of your rights as a data subject under the GDPR. Your rights under the GDPR include the following:
- Right to access – Under Article 15 of the GDPR you are entitled to access the Data and receive certain information about the processing. That information is provided in this document.
- Right to rectification – Under Article 16 of the GDPR you are entitled to obtain rectification of inaccurate Data.
- Right to erasure – Under Article 17 of the GDPR you may be entitled to have the Data erased.
- Right to restriction of processing – Under Article 18 of the GDPR you may be entitled to restrict the processing of the Data.
- Right to data portability – Under Article 20 of the GDPR you are entitled to receive the Data (or may be entitled to have the Data directly transmitted to another data controller) in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
- Right to object – Under Article 21 of the GDPR, you may be entitled to object to certain processing activities. Please note that you are always entitled to object to our processing of Data which we carry out on the legal ground of “legitimate interest”.
Finally, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority, which in Sweden is Datainspektionen. You can contact Datainspektionen by sending an e-mail to email@example.com or by calling +46-8-657 61 00.