Information on personal data processing for registration for events and newsletters
This information serves to fulfil the information requirement under Articles 13-14 of the General Data Protection Regulation (regulation 2016/679, the “GDPR”).
You have signed up with us for newsletters and/or one or several events or shown other interest in us, such as requested further information about us and/or our services. Consequently, we will process your personal data (“Data”) in order to provide you with newsletters and/or invite you to attend and administer your participation in our event(s) or provide you with further information of us and our activities, as wells as for documentation and information of us and our activities (the “Purposes”).
The Data consists of Data you submit to us when signing up with us or requesting information from us, such as name and contact details, and information that you may submit to us later which may e.g. serve to improve your experience of our events, such as information on your preferred foods or beverages. In addition, we may photograph and/or film you at our events. We will only process the Data to fulfil the Purposes.
Tysk-Svenska Handelskammarens Service AB, reg.no. 556115-0847, is the controller of the Data. We may share the Data with our parent organisation Deutsch-Schwedische Handelskammer / Tysk-Svenska Handelskammaren, reg.no. 802000-6667.
The legal basis for processing the Data is that our processing is necessary for the performance of the services or tasks you have asked us to provide to you, i.e. to receive newsletters or information and invitations to and the possibility to attend our event(s) (necessary for the performance of a contract). If you have not specifically signed up to newsletters from us, our legal basis for processing the Data for the purpose of providing you with newsletters is that the processing of the Data as described is necessary to fulfil the Purposes and based on the interest you have shown for the Chamber by registering with us for events or otherwise, we have a legitimate interest to process the Data for the Purposes which we assess overrides your interest not to have your Data processed for the Purposes (legitimate interest). This applies even in the event that we film and/or photograph you at our events to document and to inform of us on our homepage and in social media and other publications.
We will process Data required for providing you with newsletters until you unsubscribe from the service. We will process Data required for inviting you to and administering your participation in one or several event(s), for a period of up to 12 months after the event was held. If during that period you do not show interest in our services and/or events, we will assume that you are no longer interested in our services and/or events and will cease processing the Data for such purposes. Pictures or films of our events will be processed without a time limit determined in advance. If you ask that we cease to process the Data for the Purposes we will always comply with such request.
If you have any questions regarding our processing of the Data, please contact us under email@example.com. You can also use these contact details if you would like to exercise any of your rights as a data subject under the GDPR. Your rights under the GDPR include the following:
- Right to access – Under Article 15 of the GDPR you are entitled to access the Data and receive certain information about the processing. That information is provided in this document.
- Right to rectification – Under Article 16 of the GDPR you are entitled to obtain rectification of inaccurate Data.
- Right to erasure – Under Article 17 of the GDPR you may be entitled to have the Data erased.
- Right to restriction of processing – Under Article 18 of the GDPR you may be entitled to restrict the processing of the Data.
- Right to data portability – Under Article 20 of the GDPR you are entitled to receive the Data (or may be entitled to have the Data directly transmitted to another data controller) in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
- Right to object – Under Article 21 of the GDPR, you may be entitled to object to certain processing activities. Please note that you are always entitled to object to our processing of Data which we carry out on the legal ground of “legitimate interest”.
Finally, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority, which in Sweden is Integritetsskyddsmyndigheten (IMY). You can contact Integritetsskyddsmyndigheten (IMY) by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling +46-8-657 61 00.