Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung Nordics söker en Project Advisor and Officer
We are architects of Social Democracy!
The Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung (FES) is the oldest German Political non-profit Foundation. Our values are: Freedom, social justice, solidarity and the pursuit of peace. This connects us to Social Democracy and the labour movement
in the North, Europe and many like-minded actors world-wide. Through our innovative research, policy advice, trainings and debates we contribute to international dialogue and cooperation. Through our local offices we connect over 100 countries with Berlin and the rest of Germany. We aim to build resilient social democracies, socially inclusive economies and labour markets, and contribute to peace and security world-wide. FES Regional Office for the Nordic Countries (FES Nordics) - established in 2006 - is located in central Stockholm. We work together with our brilliant partners on social democratic and progressive perspectives and proposals in Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Finland up to Iceland.
FES Nordics is currently looking for a Project Advisor and Officer
Interested to join our team? We are looking for analytical minds, who base their work around team work and respect, share our values, and who are able to join full-time at the earliest possible date. You will report to the Director of the Nordic Office.
Your main tasks will be
- Conceptualising, planning and coordinating the execution of assigned project activities, including the administrative part of scheduling, reporting, documentation and financial control
- Liaising with a variety of stake-holders from politics, academia and civil society/interest groups on local, regional, national, European and global levels
- Analysing political processes in both the Nordics and Germany
- Analysing, researching, reporting, educating and publishing on a wide variety of Nordic and European public policy issues
- Representing the FES Nordic Countries at events in different countries
Our ideal candidate’s profile and qualifications
- A post-graduate university degree (Master) in a field relevant to the position (Social/Political sciences, Humanities, Economics, European/Nordic Studies or related), or the equivalent proven working experience in the field of politics, public administration or social science
- Strong analytical skills, innovative thinking and agile working
- Experience in project management and the administration of research and international cooperation
- Excellent knowledge of the Nordic political systems and their economies with special focus on peace and security (foreign policy, defense, international relations)
- Language skills: very good written and spoken English as well as one of the Nordic languages as first language (two is an asset, so is German)
- Ability to address and comment current problems within Nordic and European politics
- Experience in event management and dealing-with high-ranking officials
- Good networking and negotiating skills
- The ability to handle various task at the same time and assign priorities independently
- Experience in public procurement and financial reporting system
You can look forward to these employment conditions
- A dynamic and international work environment in Stockholm with one of the most influential international “think and do” tanks
- Remuneration adequate to the position and in line with the office´s collective agreement with the Swedish trade union UNIONEN
- An agile and creative working environment: always open for your good ideas!
- Opportunity for regular further education and training
- Business trip opportunities within the Nordics and in Europe.
Please send your application until 6th of March 2023 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application should include
- A cover letter outlining your motivation (2 pages)
- A detailed CV
- The name of 2 referees with the related contact details
Our selection process
The receipt of your application will be acknowledged, we then proceed as follows: After an eligibility check and first assessment of your written application, we will shortlist no more than 10 candidates who will be informed and invited for the next step. Interviews shall be conducted no longer than 1 month later.