Hemsö sucht Senior Financial Controller, Berlin
Hemsö is continuing to grow and seeking a controller for our German office in Berlin
Hemsö is Sweden’s leading owner of public properties. The business is based on sustainably owning, managing and developing public properties for nursing homes, education, health care and the justice system. Hemsö has properties in Sweden, Germany and Finland. The hallmarks of Hemsö’s business are long-term rental agreements and stable tenants. The Third Swedish National Pension Fund is the majority owner. The total value of Hemsö’s property portfolio is EUR 6 billion. Hemsö's credit rating has been A- from Standard & Poor’s since March 2015, and A+ from Fitch Ratings since March 2021.
More information can be found at: www.hemso.se
Hemsö established its operations in Germany in 2011 and now owns 80 properties with a market value of just over EUR 1 billion, of which properties for nursing homes account for 75 per cent and properties for education and the justice system for 25 per cent. Due to our continued expansion, we need to strengthen our operations with a senior controller who is business-minded and results-driven, and thrives in a growing company.
As controller, you will work closely with the business and serve as a link between the Swedish finance function and our operations in Germany. You will report to the Head of Region, Germany, be based in Berlin and one of a team of eight people.
• Specify the requirements for, and engage in continuous dialogue with, Hemsö’s accounting firm in Germany
• Monitor the performance of properties and portfolios in the German operations.
• Monitor the performance of ongoing development projects and investments and help to prepare estimate-to-complete forecasts for development projects.
• Prepare reports and analyses for internal and external financial reporting, and to continuously develop work with reports and analysis.
• Participate in budgeting and forecasting. Ensure the quality of external and internal reporting, as well as budgeting and forecasting.
• Liaise with the Swedish auditors
• Participate in improvement and business development projects, primarily to study the design of the future German finance function and implement an accounting system for Hemsö’s German operations.
The position also includes the role of superuser in our business intelligence system, Hypergene, and upcoming accounting system, MS Dynamics 365 BC, and support for users in continuous systems management for the German operations.
You have an accountancy degree or equivalent qualification, and at least five years of relevant experience. International experience is a plus. A background in accounting or auditing is also preferred. Previous experience from the property industry is also highly desirable. You have a strong interest in figures and systems, and excellent IT skills.
You are analytical and business-oriented, with good problem-solving skills and self-motivated. You plan and structure your work effectively, with a good overview and ability to prioritise your tasks. Delivering quality results on time is of the utmost importance, and you consider your own deliveries to be part of the company’s overall performance. Since the role requires a great deal of internal contact, you are also a team player with good communication skills. You speak both German and English fluently. Knowledge of Swedish is a plus.
Send your application to email@example.com. Submit your application, both a German and an English version, with a CV and personal letter as soon as possible as the selection process and interviews are conducted on a continuous basis.
We are looking forward to your application!