Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung Nordics sucht einen Communications & Event Coordinator (m/w/d)
We are architects of Social Democracy!
The Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung (FES) is the oldest German Political non-profit Foundation. Our values are: Freedom, social justice, solidarity and the pursuit of peace. This connects us to Social Democracy and the labour movement
in the North, Europe and many like-minded actors world-wide. Through our innovative research, policy advice, trainings and debates we contribute to international dialogue and cooperation. Through our local offices we connect
over 100 countries with Berlin and the rest of Germany. We aim to build resilient social democracies, socially inclusive economies and labour markets, and contribute to peace and security world-wide. FES Regional Office for the Nordic Countries (FES Nordics) - established in 2006 - is located in central Stockholm. We work together with our brilliant partners on social democratic and progressive perspectives and proposals in Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Finland up to Iceland.
FES Nordics is currently looking for a Communications & Event Coordinator
You are good at communication and organising and interested in joining our team?
We are looking for agile and creative minds who base their work around team work and respect, share our values, and who are able to join full-time to the earliest possible date. You will report to the Director of the Nordic Office.
Your main tasks will be
- Planning and implementation of editorial activities such as the FES Nordics newsletter, podcast, publications, brochures and information material
- Maintaining social media channels and monitoring their performance as well as developing the social media presence of FES Nordic Countries including visuals, video and audio snippets
- Editing the social media content and managing the process of content production in the team
- Advising the FES office on the development and implementation of specific communication strategies
- Editorial support for events (planning and implementation of accompanying communication)
- Maintaining and expanding media and other thematic contacts
- Organization, preparation, execution and postprocessing of FES analogue and online events
- Travel management for participants (booking of flights, hotels, transfers and travel accounting)
- Cost calculation for the planned trips, events and services, monitoring of project budgets in coordination with the team
- Booking of the required services (catering, language interpreters, photographer, technology); soliciting of bids, concluding of contracts and supervising the services in relation to the events
Our ideal candidate’s profile and qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in public relations, communications, public/business administration, graphic design or any related field
- Minimum of three years’ experience (for example in public relation, social media and event management)
- Language requirements: fluent English and at least one of the Nordic languages; preferably also German
- Project management expertise with the ability to prioritize tasks and execute on deadlines in an organized manner
- General graphic design principles, including knowledge of photoshop and other Adobe Design tools for consistent and detailed creative design
- Experience with webpage design and publishing including knowledge of social media technology
- Proficiently operate standard office equipment, including computer hardware and software applications associated with performance of assigned work (i.e., MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook, and full Adobe Suite)
- Strong communicator with exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Flexibility and ability to work in a team
You can look forward to these employment conditions
- A friendly, appreciative working environment with open-minded colleagues.
- Remuneration adequate to the position and in line with the office´s collective agreement with the Swedish trade union UNIONEN
- Opportunity for regular further education and training
- Business trip opportunities within the Nordics and to Germany
Please send your application until 6th of March 2023 to:
Your application should include
- A cover letter outlining your motivation (2 pages)
- A detailed CV
- At least 2 references
Our selection process
The receipt of your application will be acknowledged, we then proceed as follows: After an eligibility check and first assessment of your written application, we will shortlist no more than 10 candidates who will be informed and invited for the next step. Interviews shall be conducted no longer than 1 month later.