The Right Livelihood Award Foundation is looking for an Experienced relationship manager to support our fundraising (German-speaking) for Stockholm office
The Right Livelihood Award Foundation funds its work through private donations, mostly from high net-worth individuals from Germany, Switzerland, and Sweden. You will play a key role in building our relationship with donors and improving our fundraising routines. With your warm and accommodating attitude and attention to detail, you enjoy being in contact with people.
TITLE: EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT
- Support the Executive Director in his external contacts, with a focus on fundraising. (He is responsible for most donors.)
- Oversee our communication with existing donors. Research potential donors and help build relationships with them.
- Document the interaction with (potential) donors and other key stakeholders in our contact management database.
- Manage the guest list, invitations and RSVP for the annual Award presentation and fundraising events.
- Plan and manage larger mail-outs to donors and key partners.
- Contribute with ideas and experience to the development of our fundraising process.
The Executive Assistant will be an integral part of a highly motivated international team. S/he will report to, and work closely alongside the Executive Director and Head of Planning.
- University degree in a relevant field.
- You have at least 2 years of work experience in a relevant position, including experience in fundraising.
- You are familiar with resources and techniques to identify potential donors.
- You are fluent in German and English. Swedish and French are of advantage.
- You are skilled with IT, specifically Microsoft Office mail-merge functions and database software.
- You have a high degree of cultural sensitivity, empathy and experience working in diverse teams.
WHO ARE YOU?
We believe that you are an outgoing person who likes to work with people of all backgrounds and from different walks of life. You have high ambitions, work with devotion and deliver quality. You pay attention to detail. When challenges are rising, you are happy to try new solutions to overcome them. As a person, you bring a positive mind-set and a humble, can-do attitude.
ABOUT THE FOUNDATION
Established in 1980, the Right Livelihood Award honours and supports courageous people and organisations offering visionary and exemplary solutions to the root causes of global problems. In total, there are now 170 Laureates from 69 countries leading pioneering change across the globe.
The Right Livelihood Award Foundation sees its role as being the megaphone and shield for the Laureates, and provides them with long-term support. The Foundation seeks to create awareness about the Laureates and their work in order to inspire change. It helps protect those award recipients whose lives and liberty are at risk due to the nature of their activities.
The Foundation is a charity registered in Sweden with seven employees and offices in Stockholm and Geneva.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
This is a full-time position based in Stockholm with a two-year fixed-term contract, with the perspective to be extended to a permanent position.
Some international travel will be required as part of the position.
Starting date: As soon as possible.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified candidates may submit their application, including a letter of motivation and a CV to email@example.com, latest on 7 February 2018. Mark your application with “Executive Assistant” in the subject line. In case you have any questions, please contact Steffi Geilhof, firstname.lastname@example.org, +46-8-70 20 339.